When investing in a new LED video wall, it’s easy to want to “go big, or go home!” However, there are many factors to consider before you do so.
In the case of digital displays — bigger is not always better, but the possibilities in size are endless. Here’s three things to consider when deciding on how big you want your LED video wall to be.
One of the most important factors in deciding the size and scale of your LED video wall is how far away people will be viewing it. Think first and foremost about the application:
- Is it a scoreboard at a large MLB baseball park? Then your LED video wall will be quite large.
- Is it a walk-up interactive display, like at a trade show? Then your LED video wall will be on the smaller side.
- Is it a LED video wall for a sports bar? Then your LED video wall will be mid-sized.
- Is it a retail display for signage? Then your LED video wall will be on the smaller side as well.
There are so many different uses for LED video walls, that the application and use is the biggest measuring stick for scale. Once you have decided on the size, you’ll also want to pay attention to the pixel pitch of your panel — the closer the viewing distance, the smaller the pixel pitch (and vice versa).
The purpose of your display is also another factor when deciding on how large of a digital display you need. If you’re trying to create attention to a new in-store sale, you’ll want digital signage that is smaller and intimate (and maybe mobile) to grab your customer’s eye.
Or, are you just displaying text? Or do you want graphics in high-definition? The content you are going to utilize will help steer you in the right direction.
Last but not least, how much you have set aside to invest in your new LED video wall will also determine the size of your display.
Firefly LED offers some LED panels if you’re on a budget, while still making an impact. However, if budget is not an issue, we carry some of the most state-of-the-art LED products packed with features and reliability you can count on for years to come.
Regardless, there are ways to get into LED that suits budgets of any size — just keep in mind that if you do have a tighter budget, you may not be able to obtain the large LED video wall you are hoping for.
Wrapping it up
Now that you know the important factors in deciding your LED video wall size, create a checklist for yourself to answer these questions:
- What is the purpose of my LED video wall?
- How far will users be viewing it?
- Do I need my screen to be mobile or permanent?
- Do I want the content to be HD, or is resolution not an issue?
- Am I constrained to a particular budget?
Once you’ve answered these, you should have a good idea of how large you want your LED video wall to be. Utilize our LED Screen Builder to play around with the numbers and sizes to quote your video wall today, or contact us if you’d like additional assistance.